Looking for a career path in the high tech manufacturing industry? Become part of a team focused on delivering the most exciting semiconductor technology to the world! If you enjoy working with others in a fast pace environment and are looking for an opportunity to grow your career in the high tech industry then Tower is the place to be!
Tower is a global specialty foundry leader! We specialize in manufacturing analog integrated circuits for more than 300 customers worldwide in growing markets such as automotive, medical, industrial, consumer and aerospace and defense, among others.
Performs a variety of specialized administrative and analytical support duties necessary to procure the chemicals required to support the manufacturing facility. This including inventory management, demand planning, purchase order creation, material receiving, quality monitoring, and supplier coordination. The individual will work closely with the manufacturing facility to align inventories and orders with changing manufacturing needs. Additional responsibilities will include completing SAP transactions, performing physical inventory counts, creating purchasing requisitions, delivery coordination, monitoring material expiration dates, and assisting with other duties as needed. The position will also be required to work with the global category team to ensure the global strategies are aligned with local engineering requirements.
This Job Is For You If
- Reviews and submits purchase orders; ensures existing orders are delivered on time by monitoring all open orders and contacting vendors as needed
- Effectively manage supplier performance to meet cost and quality objectives
- Sources and carries out new vendor qualification activities
- Creates, receives, and maintains distributor profiles in a database
- Negotiates with vendors to secure the best pricing, payment, and shipping terms
- Maintains products master files to specified standards
- Cooperates with accounting and distribution teams to ensure damages and miss-ships are logged and credits are requested
- Monitors inventory levels to ensure we are meeting inventory turns goals while minimizing risk of stock outs
- Maintain accurate product lead times in ERP system
- Works with accounts payable to resolve invoicing issues to ensure vendors are paid on time
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related field
- Contract and negotiation experience preferred
- Showing proficiency in MS Office
- Demonstrating knowledge of supply chain management
- Experience with data analysis
- Proficient in planning software (SAP or Oracle preferred)
- Possess excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment
- Strong communication and negotiation skills – written and verbal, and ability to work with cross-functional teams